All the visitors will get visa in Kathmandu International Airport except the visitors from following countries:
1. Nigeria 2. Ghana 3. Zimbabwe 4. Swaziland 5. Cameroon 6. Somalia 7. Liberia 8. Ethiopia 9. Iraq 10. Palestine 11. Afghanistan
For the above, the visitor’s visa has to be approved by Nepal Embassy in nearest country.Visitors from SAARC Countries do not need to pay any Visa Fee in the Airport and if the SAARC Country visitors are traveling to third country, they have to put the arrival stamp in the Immigration. This is very important information for the visitor from SAARC countries. For other than SAARC nationals, if:
- If you are staying in Nepal less than three days the visa will be free of cost.
- If you are staying more than that, you have to pay US$30.
- The Validity of Visa will be three months.
Please carry your following documents when you are traveling to Nepal:
- Original Passport
- Passport Size Photographs
- US$30(if you are planning to stay more than three days).For more information, contact in following address:
The Department of Immigration is located at Kalikasthan, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel : +977-1-4433934/ 4429660/ 4438862/ 4438868
Fax : +977-1-4433935
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours (Immigration Department)
Sunday to Thursday: 10:00 A.M. – 17:00 P.M. in summer
10:00 A.M. – 16:00 P.M . in winter (Nov. to Jan.)
Friday: 10:00 A.M. – 15:00 P.M.
Sunday to Thursday: 10:00 A.M. – 15:00 P.M.
Friday: 10:00 A.M. – 13:00 P.M.
Other Branch Offices located at entry points will be open 24 hours.
Foreigner who intends to visit Nepal must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport issued by the Govt. for visiting a foreign country prior to apply for visa.
A) Entry:- No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in theNepal country without valid visa. Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or other mission offices or immigration offices located on entry points in Nepal.
B) Chinese citizen are requested to apply in Royal Nepalese Embassy or other Nepalese diplomatic missions as there is no provision of on arrival visa for them.
1.Visitors who are entering Nepal for the first time in a visa year (Jan-Dec):
|Facilities Duration Fee||Duration||Fee|
|Single entry||60 days from the date of entry||US$ 30 or equivalent convertible foreign currency|
|Multiple entry*||do||US$ 80 or equivalent convertible foreign currency|
* Multiple entry will be valid for a visa year (150 days in a visa year).
2.For Shrilankan Pilgrims visiting to Lumbini can get single entry visa for 15 days in US$ 10 or equivalent convertible currency.
C)Tourist Visa Extension : A tourist visa can be extended upto 120 days from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request. Then after an additional 30 days can be extended from Department of Immigration on reasonable ground, which ensures one’s departure from the country within 150 days in one visa year.
1. Tourist visa extension fee and additional late fee are as follows :-
- Visa extension without re-entry facility for 30 days : US$ 30 in equivalent Nepalese currency.
- Visa extension with multiple entry facility for 30 days : US$ 80 in equivalent Nepalese currency. One who has previously taken multiple re-entry facility in the same visa year will have to pay US$ 30 only.
2. Late fee for regularizing tourist visa
- US$2 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the first 30 days.
- US$3 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the next 31 to 90 days.
- US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for more than 90 days.
3. Fee exemption of tourist visa
Children below 10 yrs.
- Descendant’s upto the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports, of Nepalese parents or either of their parent is a Nepalese citizen.
- Citizen of Nepali origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.
Some Important information to tourist : Don’t or Do’s
- A tourist may stay in Nepal upto 150 days in a visa year (Jan-Dec).
- A tourist must extend his/her visa before expiry of the visa validity period.
- A tourist who does not comply with these regulations may be liable of fine and other prosecution as provided in Immigration Act and Rules.
- A Foreigner having obtained tourist visa shall not allowed to work with or without receiving remuneration.
- A foreigner shall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose s/he has obtained the visa